Insurance Services

Insurance Enrollment, Renewal and Cancellation

If your department needs to receive a quote for insurance, enroll in an insurance policy, renew an insurance policy, or cancel an insurance policy, complete the Insurance Initiation Form, and follow the instructions on the form for submittal.

Inland Marine Insurance

Texas A&M University participates in an insurance policy that provides coverage for property owned by university departments (including computing equipment, audio-visual equipment, and other property). University departments may elect to enroll in this coverage. The policy provides replacement coverage and has a $1,000 deductible per loss occurrence. The premium for this coverage is $0.15 per $100 of value; this is subject to change in July. The Inland Marine Policy Outline is available for review.

To enroll, departments will need to submit an Insurance Initiation Form and an Inland Marine Inventory of all items to be included on the policy. Scheduled and electronic items should be grouped separately on the inventory list. Here is a list of examples that will assist you in determining whether each item is Scheduled Property or Electronic Equipment.

Insurance Initiation Forms should be submitted to the attention of Jason Boyle, Contract Administration, mail stop 1182. Inland Marine Inventory should be submitted electronically to Jason Boyle at

Special Event Insurance

Texas A&M University departments and recognized student organizations have the option to secure general liability and excess accident medical coverage for special events.  Additional information, including policy rates and limits, can be found on the Special Event Policy Outline .  Departments need to send a completed a Special Event Application  and the program itinerary/schedule to to secure this coverage.  Student organizations can obtain this coverage by completing the event planning process through the Department of Student Activities

Student Internship Liability Insurance

For Texas A&M University students serving in health or medical internships which require professional liability insurance,  Texas A&M University departments should complete the Internship Individual Liability Insurance Application for each student and return it to